Re: Three way contest

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:55:33 -0500

Nils Weinander wrote:

> > >How does Hero Wars handle three way contests, such as the one at the end of
> > >The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?
> > >
> > As a extended contest with multiple participants, most likely. Each
> > participant gets to choose which opponent they act against each round, etc.
>
> This is a problem I have pondered over as well. This solution
> probably works with three or four participants, but what if
> there are many more? For example, I have written a scenario,
> The Korolan Games, which takes place at a great athletic
> contest in the East Isles. Many of the events, like foot
> races, swimming, a boat race etc. can have a dozen participants
> or more. How do you handle that?

Perhaps have them ALL attacking a the same AP total (the Goal) and when one of them reduces THEIR Goal to 0 they have won.

This turns your multiple opponents into a series of extended contests against their goal rather than each other. I suppose its just how you look at it.

Jeff "no moniker yet" Kyer