Re: Actual Rules Question!

From: W. Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 13:24:57 -0800

Hello All,

"kyer, jeffrey" <jeff.kye-_at_...> asked:

> How do you handle it when one side has missles and some of another
does
> not?
>
> What skill will the dfending PC use against the incoming slings and
> arrow? The Player wanted his sword and shield skill to count but
since

I think this would depend on what the characters elected to do about the incoming fire.

  If they return fire then they would use their archery.   If they decided to rush up and club the archers then maybe a "run fast" or "dodge" contest against the archer. The *transfer* would be distance. If the players won they they had forced the archers into close combat. If the archer won then there were several pin cushions littering the field.
  If the players decided to leg-it then run, dodge, ride could all be used again to get out of range or field of fire.

  Personally, my wind-lord would throw a whirl-wind at them. >:-)

> Also, I'm tired of the biggest fighter on the PC side 'powering up' by
> eating the trollkin (or minor bandits or whatever). Players are
starting

In our game each fight is one contest. When you start a new contest you restart at normal AP. If you want to eat all of the enlo then you are going to face them all at your beginning AP and allowing your friends to fight the nasty foes without you.

Wesley