Re: Actual Rules Question!

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:28:40 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Steve Lieb wrote:

> I'm still having trouble getting my brain around why a guy who's just
> fought his way through a band of carls should be multiple TIMES more
> effective afterward than before?

I kind of like the idea. First of all, glorantha is a mythic world where everything has got a spiritual/symbolic side. This goes for people too: killing carls may just give you more skill as you incarnate Death, Combat or whatever.

Second, Hero Wars might just be the very first game that acnowledges that skill is not a fixed quality but rather relational. Slaying Joe the carl messily in front Knut the Cottar can very much affect the skill relation between you and the poor man in your favour.

Post modern rpg anyone? :)

Ha en god dag!
Frank Rafaelsen