Re: Chapters 1-3, Ethlirist

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:12:57 -0800

> Well, they have keywords for the Grazelanders and for the Black Horse
> Troop.
>
> Geeze, thoseBHT guys are nasty. Like an unholy cross between Cromwell's
> Puritans and French Heavy Cavalry. But its good that there's a Sorcery

Why, thank you. That was the idea I intended to convey.

> using Culture close to Dragon Pass (yes, I know the Lunars use it but
> its not their main ModusOperandi).

That is exactly why we chose them. While the Lunars and Heortlings are the *primary* focus of the DP area, they are too similar in game terms to really give us a good sampling of the other magic systems. We chose the Grazers rather than the praxians because they are in the Pass, and they are a pure Animist culture, and the BHT was the only Sorcery culture in the Pass. We decided not to include Mystics, since the Dragonnewts are just *too* wierd, and most "mystic" cultures are 90% something else - even in Kralorela & the East Isles, most of the population worship Otherworldly beings, and only a few people can hack the rigors of true mysticism.

RR