Re: Chapters 1-3, Ethlirist

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:16:28 -0800

> Would probably give an edge in tactics and maneuver and *not* charging
> when provoked. All that neat well-disciplined stuff that really hurts
> undisciplined neighbors (like the Grazelanders!)

The BHT doesn't skirmish, so the Grazers can always get out of the way & try to pepper them with arrows (boosted with spirits, they actually *can* penetrate the BHT armor)

> It looks very vile yes. I'm quite impressed. But the religion just
> drips Puritanism. Its quite interesting. And the Rider/Steed
> relationship is pretty interesting as well. I am somehow reminded of
> the Black Company, but that's probably just because both are mercenaries
> and the word black is used....

Ethilrist would never put up with the s**t that the Black Company does, especially not the two magicians (d**n it, nmy books are packed & I'm having a brain freeze...)

RR