Re: hw-rules digest

From: W. Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 13:21:41 -0800

Hello All,

> > The classic example is: Bob is holding his own against his
opponent,
> but his buddy Larry is going down fast.
> > Knowing that he can't take on two opponents at once, Bob switches
> opponents to help Larry.
>
> If you have ANY in-progress extended contest, not just combat, into
<snip>
> Once the person butts in, it becomes a new contest for the two (or
> more) primary combatants with reset AP totals (with edges/handicaps
for
> fighting multiple opponents, naturally, which may apply to BOTH sides)

I have reviewed the group contest rules and the emails sent since and come up with this:

  1. You can have multiple attackers on one person. That person only gets one AP total but each attacker has their own. If My PC and Your PC were beating on Julan the Coder (or being beat on as the case may be) we would all track out own AP and make our own skill rolls. Julan would have a multiple foe penalty. Does this make sense?
  2. If you switch foes, IE I ignore Joe Lunar to help You with Julan, me AP stay the same as they were against Joe, but I an now fighting Julan. I can help You by giving Julan a multiple foe penalty AND by slipping you some APs. I now have a multiple foe penalty aswell because I am fighting Joe and Julan. You are still fighting Julan and have no penalties (except for the wounds he has given you) but should have an easier time of it due to his new distraction (me!). Does this sound right to you all?

Yours,

Wesley