Re: hw-rules digest

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:51:00 -0800

> 1) You can have multiple attackers on one person. That person only
> gets one AP total but each attacker has their own. If My PC and Your
> PC were beating on Julan the Coder (or being beat on as the case may
> be) we would all track out own AP and make our own skill rolls. Julan
> would have a multiple foe penalty. Does this make sense?

Correct. This is a standard Group Extended Contest situation.

> 2) If you switch foes, IE I ignore Joe Lunar to help You with Julan, me
> AP stay the same as they were against Joe, but I an now fighting Julan.
> I can help You by giving Julan a multiple foe penalty AND by slipping
> you some APs. I now have a multiple foe penalty aswell because I am
> fighting Joe and Julan. You are still fighting Julan and have no
> penalties (except for the wounds he has given you) but should have an
> easier time of it due to his new distraction (me!). Does this sound
> right to you all?

Correct again. Actually, you can defend against one foe and attack another to keep from havbing multiple attacker penalties assigned against you. You do need to totally ignore one oppoennt to attack another.

The multiple attacker penalty is assigned when you have to make the second (or more) *Defense* in a round. So if You & I are attacking Julan and Joe Lunar, we could both beat on Julan, and not attack Joe. Julan and Joe can each attack a different person, or they can also gang up on one guy (preferably you, not me!).

If a fifth person jumps into the melee, we don't reset the AP scores at all. The currently engaged guys still have their current totals, and the interloper figures out his own seperately. It is not a new contest, just the continuation of the current one.

RR