Re: Modifiers and Not Defending

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 15:50:35 -0000

>Good point. But what I was I am looking for is 'I'm too tough,
>I'm going to fight Count Julian (and his annoying wig) and ignore
>the little guy with the spear... For a PC's who's concentrating
>on a tough opponent and ignoring the little ones (and trying to
>not get a multiple opponents penalty)

One would presume that Count Julan is acting before Spearman Joe, as he has higher APs. Therefore your -3 penalty for multiple opponents *only* counts against Spearman Joe. Julan can, however, wait until Spearman Joe has tickled you, then get you when you're on a -3. I don't think there is anything you can do about this - the -3 vs Julan is probably better than just letting Joe spear you in the throat.

The best way to avoid multiple opponent penalties is not to have multiple opponents - take them out with large bids in Round 1.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.