Re: limitting oponent skill and gambling 0 AP

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:25:57 -0000

>For example, against the mighty Great Troll I described earlier, if I
>try to Befuddle him, and he can answer with his pole-axe, then
>chances are I'd have been better off not doing anything. In RQ my
>Befuddle casting was 'safe', or at least 'safer', in HW it isn't.

But surely the great troll resisting your befuddle with his axe is going to get a huge penalty for inappropriate skill use, if indeed it can use it at all. It should resist with it's "determined" or "obstinate" ability, really.

Great Troll: Close Combat vs Nimble
Player: Befuddle vs Obstinate

Or do you always use the same ability to act as to react?

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.