Oh my god

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:00:53 GMT

<<I'm still gyrating a bit about HW combat. I think the system works really well for resolving non-combat tests, but I'm not convinced about its utility for simulating combat (which is what I want, perhaps opposed to "representing"). I.e. - I don't want A-Team combats, I prefer RQ's "OHMIGOD I COULD DIE!" grittiness. I'm still trying to figure out how to get that...>>

Ah ah, I liked it, Steve.

I noticed a couple of things that might help:

I played both RQ3 and CoC. In CoC the style was "Ohmigod and demon, I _will_ die in the best instance, be driven insane in the worst"

At RQ3 it was "Ohmigod I could die, unless I perform a DI right now"

At HW it could be either way, depending on the style you choose, seriousness of combat, situations, wounds level, gore availability et cetera.

Heretic? Orthodox? Illusion? Other?

ciao
Gian