Re: limitting oponent skill and gambling 0 AP

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:07:04 +0000

In message <60287F7A6768D3118A270008C728E30511250F_at_tnt_server_25>, Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...> writes
>The great troll will get its chance to act. It needs to defend against your
>action, though, and putting its axe in between you and it will not help.

Ah, gotchaya! You're assuming that the 'change the troll's mind' ability is ranged and the troll isn't using a ranged weapon? Or something like that?

But if the troll has a ranged weapon and all you have is your tongue or your magic (that can't kill) or the troll can get to you in the time it takes you to make the incantation or say 'Look, trolls and humans *can* be friends!' or whatever it is then it my point still stands. All APs are *not* equal nor are all actions.

--
Michael Cule