Re: combat in Hero Wars

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:20:24 +0800

>I'm sure that the following statement will probably only provoke anger,
>but I've watched the combat debates for the last several weeks and can't
>hold back from saying it any more:
>
>Hero Wars is not basing its success on being a realistic combat simulator.

        Well said. And very true.

>There, I've said it. Now let me explain what I mean before you jump all
>over me. Hero wars wants to have a simple combat system which doesn't
>take too much time. It will never have an officially published set of rules
>for combat that comes anywhere near the detail of RQ, in any of its
>official forms.

        Personally, I think there is room for an optional set of rules for combat that are a bit more detailed. But in general, you are right. But in general, quite right. And I quite like the fact that in HW (unlike most RPGs) fights won't dominate play to quite the same extent.

	Cheers
		David