Re: Inventory and the like

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:57:53 -0500

"Hibbs, Philip" wrote:

> >It's all about getting rid of the minutiae, which I like. What do
> >other people think? What about some other examples?
>
> How does wealth diminish under this system?
>
> Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
> Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let
> alone those of any organisations, nations, species,
> or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.

Its in the First Three Chapters but basically, if you purchase something less than your wealth, its 'pocket change' (you can augment with Bargaining and the like). If you try to purchse something greater than your wealth, you permanently lose 1 (or more) wealth after you do so. You've basically put all your resources into one big purcahse. You can temporarily dougle your wealth (through liquidating wealth) at a cost of 2 permanent wealth. Then you can buy something relatively big... And lose more wealth for doing so -- think of it as going into debt.

Most of your wealth is tied up in things rather htan money -- be it your home, your gear, your sheep, your cattle or your furniture in your nice home in Furthest.

When you get a pile of wealth (you rescue the princess, you bring in Whiteeye's dripping head) you can either turn it ito items (no cost to cement) or you can add it to your wealth at a rate of 1/10 (Wealth is really best described as Income)... The rest is frittered away. And of course HP's raise wealth too, indicating your hero is getting wealthier.

I like the system as it does sort of let you ignore trival things. I always hated worrying about pocket change. But if you're into counting coins and arrows and stuff like that, you can always use the old price guides. I shan't...

Jeff Kyer