Re: combat in Hero Wars

From: Tom Granvold <Thomas.Granvold_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:26:09 -0800 (PST)

> > I think there used to be a "dying blow" rule if you could make a "tough"
> type
> > ability check just before you go down. I don't know if it got cut -
> Roderick?
>
> There still is, the Final Action:
> "If you fall to 0 AP or fewer in an extended contest you are defeated and
> may take no further action.
>
> It *only* occurs in group extended type contests, *not* a contest between
> just two opponents.

   Even in a contest with just two opponents, the GM can always allow the player character a final action. Say the character is defending his family from a big bad nasty, loses the contest, maybe even dying. As a GM I'd allow a final attempt. It would be very dramatic for the character to kill or drive off the nasty thereby saving the family at the cost of their own life. It may not be in the rules, but that's what a GM is for.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold <thomas.granvold_at_...>