Re: combat in Hero Wars

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:00:45 +0800

>This got me thinking. (I know... I'm sorry.) Are the pairs of
>bids/attacks simultaneous?

        No.

>Can the outcome of a HW combat be mutual
>destruction? Like Arthur and Mordred both going down with mortal
>wounds (ala the movie "Excalibur"). Or is there a dying blow rule?

Its unusual, but can happen.

>Or else, if we used the system to resolve a game of 'chicken' (two
>people in automobiles racing at each other head on to see who
>'chickens out' first), how do the rules allow for neither party giving
>way and both dying in the resulting collision?

        Chicken is a special case, so run it that way. Say, run it like a contest with both psychologically attempting to overcome a 'fear of collision' with appropriate psychological abilities. The winner will be the one with the higher effect number, but if both get a big success, then they collide.

	Cheers
		David