Wealth & Inventory

From: Nick Hollingsworth <NickH_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:50:33 -0000

Hibbs, Philip
>How does wealth diminish under this system?

Richard Develyn
> Only on major purchases, IIRC, and even then it may only be temporary.
> Wealth means a lot more than just money I believe. It's more of a status.

If I recall, then a year back wealth decreased on major purchases whether you were successfull or not. 'Major purchases' were ones over your Wealth up to double your wealth or something like that. If wealth overcame price you got the item but wealth dropped by some factor based on cost (I seem to recall 'one fifth' but that doesn't seem reasonable). If wealth failed to overcome price the ref had the option of deciding you were poorer that was widely known and dropping your wealth level anyway. Takes care of those pesky players who just keep retrying failed skills!

Whats the point of the standard of living levels (like 'poor')?

KYER, JEFFREY
> ... the downside of being greedy.
> Much safer to trade those cows in for the chainmail
> rather than using money.

These are cows you just got given in the scenario presumably. If they were the cows off your own stead they would just be part of your Wealth rating?

Nick Hollingsworth
Birmingham - The land of the free and the home of the balti.