Re: HW combat

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:52:06 -0800

> Whats does the rules say about when a skill level translates into a
mastery,
> if 20 = w then the example problem is resolved. They become 10w2 v 2 and
> 10w2 v 0 (is that a legal value?) which reflects the first guys 2
advantage.

20 is a valid target number, the next step up is 1w. "w" (what I sometimes call a naked mastery) is never used to mean "20". it's more like "+20" - you always need something to add it to.

0 is not a valid number - it's a "can't be done no how no way" target number. If theres a mastery involved, it becomes a 20 at the lower master: example I have 5w, and a penalty of -5. My new ability is 20. if I have a 5w and a -25 penalty, I can't do the deed.

Roderick