Pining For HW

From: Michael W. Ryan <mryan_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:54:25 -0500 (EST)

I ran my first session of a new RQ campaign this past Sunday (RQ3 rules, set in Sun Dome County in Prax), and I found myself seriously pining for HW.

The players (mostly Lightbringers) were being brought to the count, and one of them, an Orlanthi, was engaged in a riddle contest, and I wished I had HW's flexible contests readily available.

The same character also had a sylph, and I kept thinking "boy, this would make a neat ally".

And most of the players were really getting a nice, heroic handle on their characters. Which further inspired me to be rather descriptive in their combat with a jack-o-bear (they did suprisingly well). In fact, I kept feeling constrained by the RQ combat mechanics.

*sigh* I'm almost tempted to try running the game with Chapters 1-3 and the synopsis.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan_at_...              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35 A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF PGP public key available by fingering mryan_at_... (use -l opt)