tiny differences of opinion

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:51:14 -0800

david dunham <davi-_at_...> wrote:
> It would depend on the context, of course, but if two characters were
> fighting, I would indeed let someone defend with their tiny. It would
> *not* make them easier to kill -- APs are relative advantage, and
> being small and nimble is an advantage.

If I understand what you're saying then there is no way to interpret an advantage in one case as a disadvantage in another? That seems, well, unreal?

There are tons of noncombat examples as well, I think. Grabbing a particularly obtuse one, let's give a Sloth "Slow 4w" - he can use it to avoid being seen, reduces his susceptibility to poison, but clearly if he was to be shot at, because of having "Slow" as a trait (I think whether it's called a trait or a skill is functionally irrelevant) I certainly wouldn't let him dodge at the default 12 or whatever...