Re: Does size really matter?

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:35:25 -0000

>Characters with Big, Tall, etc. should be easier to hit, those
>with Small, Tiny, etc. harder. Applying Tiny as an Ability would
>be like aquiring any other Edge, but I'm not too sure how to
>apply Big as a flaw, and generate negative Edge from it?

I disagree - Big can make you harder to kill, so surely this could be considered to balance out the easier to hit factor. I think it's unfair to make a character significantly, and permanently, disadvantaged in combat just for being big. I can't see Conan's player being happy that the referee rolls a couple of dice to find out how disadvantaged he is going to be in each combat. The referee is going to get bored of it PDQ as well.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.