Re: Does size really matter?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:28:08 -0500

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:23:22 -0800, "Steve Lieb" <styopa_at_...>
> wrote:
>
> >Let's say a player picks big 18-we're talking about pretty big.
> my problem here (no offence, I agree with your point) isn't with the
> Big 18, but with what it compares to. As I don't have any 'normal'
> sizes to compare to (how Big is a Horse? A 4-m Giantess apprentice
> Shaman - erm... specific instance...?). With those figures I could
> start to make judgements about what's a big Big...
>
> Wulf

At the risk of repeating the obvious, there are comparison charts in the various chapters and in the Narrators's book. And a clever GM should be able to work out the details readily from these comparisons, if only from referring to the 'how heavy is that' section.

Try not to get locked down into the minutae -- I don't think that HW is quite that sort of game...

Jeff