Re: Does size matter?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:23:45 +0100

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 05:59:36 EST, TTrotsky_at_... wrote:

>> sizes to compare to (how Big is a Horse? >>
>
> 5W

Aha! Firm numbers, excellent. A Minotaur would be just a bit smaller then.

><<A 4-m Giantess apprentice Shaman >>
>
> 12W

Big girl :)

> You wouldn't know this, of course, but there are also specific rules on
>the 'Large' ability, its uses and the appropriate scales for it in the
>current draft of Anaxial's Record.

Ah, now that's a great relief. My greatest concern has been whether these self-declared abilities are actually detailed. Without a firm skills list to pick from it all looked a bit vague and open to abuse.

><< Try not to get locked down into the minutiae -- I don't think that HW is
>quite that sort of game...>>
>
> It depends how minute the minutiae are. It can often be beneficial to
>study the minutiae of a game before you start running it - if you don't, (at
>least some of) your players will and you might get nasty surprises...
Exactly my reasoning. I never like changing the rules due to mistakes made earlier. Inconsistency is a real turn-off to our players.

> Trotsky

Dos Vidanya (or however you spell it in Western script...)

Wulf