Re: Does size matter?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:25:42 +0100

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 10:27:54 -0800, "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_sierratel.com> wrote:

>Another part of the design goal was not have to explain an ability, as that
>can take quite a bit of paper. A largeish chunk of each RQ cult description
>was a game-mechanic description of what each new spell/ability did. We leave
>that up to the players instead. The Keywords chapter would be three times as
>long if we did that for each ability listed.

Sounds like a bloody disaster all round then. When I pay my money, I expect to get a game I can sit down, read, and play, not have to do half the work myself. Pity, it could have been an excellent system, but from this description, it sounds like the basic rules introduction from a game no-one has bothered to finish yet.

Wulf