Re: Does size matter?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:31:03 -0500

(Good work on the Large stuff by TT deleted)

> It depends how minute the minutiae are. It can often be beneficial to
> study the minutiae of a game before you start running it - if you don't, (at
> least some of) your players will and you might get nasty surprises...
>
> Forward the glorious Red Army!
> Trotsky

Yes, but I'd much prefer to see folks at least taking it with a grain of salt until we actually HAVE the rules 'in hand' as it were.

Far too many folks here appear to be criticizing for the sake of complaining. That's not something that encourages people to try the new game...

(*this is NOT to Mr. TT who's doing a bang up job but to others*)

If you DO NOT LIKE THE GAME, then don't play.

If you don't want to play HW, then let us try to work out how to play it.

You don't have to play.

No one is forcing you.

Play RuneQuest or PendragonPass or whatever homebrew floats your boat. That is what I have been doing for the past few years. But I'm giving HW a chance.

I'm just finding the constant carping and loud whimpering about 'its not RuneQuest' here getting a bit much. That sort of complaining is probably best in another forum.

For all those who are helping and working and demoing and writing, sorry to take up your time.

Thanks.

Jeff Kyer