Sorry, I'm missing something.

From: M.Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:10:34 -0800

So I ran my first real session last night (synopsis online soon) and I'm still confused about some parts of AP bidding. Either I misunderstand how bids and losses work, or I don't understand the strategy.

Do I understand correctly that:

The amount you risk is based on the amount you bid? (Bidding 10 with a 1x loss result means you lose 10)

        This goes for losses AND transfers?

If so, why would anyone ever bid more than 1? Bidding 20 only offers you the chance to lose 20, not to take 20 from your opponent.

Might it be possible for someone to post a description of play that includes "statements of intent", bids, rolls and results?

That would be a huge help.

On an unrelated issue, how does someone determine the base Close Combat and Missle Combat value in charactger generation? The posted chapters don't mention anything about it. And what are the /# ratings in the combat section of Kallai's online character sheet?

Many thanks,

Mike Dawson
mdawson_at_...