Re: Sorry, I'm missing something.

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:38:06 -0500

At 07:55 AM 03/27/2000 -0800, M.Dawson wrote:
>"kyer, jeffrey" <jeff.kye-_at_...> wrote:
>original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hw-rules/?start=582
>> And if your opponents bid is x, you automatcially match his bid on HIS
>> action. Just as he matches you on YOUR action.
>
>This was the part I was missing. I thought each side bid whatever they
>wanted--not that youhad to match the bidder's bid.
>
>So what happens when Kost the Tracker bids 50 on his Hide Tracks and
>Bigmouth the Rubble Runner Broo only has 20 on his Sniff skill?
>Bigmouth can only bid 20, right?

I think that there is a terminology problem here. Only the Actor bids, then that exchange of the extended contest is resolved. After that (if both still have positive AP) the Actor and opponent switch roles and the new Actor bids, then that exchange of the extended contest is resolved.

The opponent never "matches" the Actor's bid and the opponent has no say in the size of the Actor's bid. The results of each exchange determine whether either participant loses, transfers, or gains AP.

Later,
Andy