Re: Contests' end?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:05:49 -0500

> What if the person who *won* the contest wants to carry on and "finish off" the
> loser? And what happens in mass battles? Do you end up with warriors lying all
> over the battlefield, catching their breath for half an hour before joining
> back in again?

I just have them run away, if at all possible.

Annd if the players want to finish off the wounded, that's up to them.... For trollkin, that's fine. But for a barfight or dealing with a bunch of sheepstealing neighbors, its considered a bit extreme.

...which brings us to the local tribal moot, where our Heroes will be learning all about wereguilds and bloodprices.

Good thing one of them is a Lawspeaker. Too bad they didn't listen to him BEFORE they shot the herdboys down.

> The more I play Hero Wars, the more it seems to me the perfect engine for
> manga and anime RPGs. And I am playing too much these weeks.
>
> Don't set me off, I've had a mecha game plot hiding in the back of my head for
> months. Must resist! Not enough spare time! :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruce

Sorry, I have to hurt you now Bruce. I have this mental image of Harrek in a mecha.

I must go now and drink.

Jeff