Re: Starting a new contest

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:46:26 -0800

frank rafaelsen <rafae-_at_...> wrote:
> Even a berserk troll can be convinced to go attacking something else.
With
> appropriate penalties of course. But success is still success.

But an inappropriate skill is an inappropriate skill. Certainly within HW there is, more than most games, room for creative interpretation, but were I a rules lawyer :) I'd simply find a way for my best skill to be strangely appropriate in every instance. The DM must control this, otherwise what's the point of having different skills at all?

DM: "Berserk Troll attacking - what do you do?" Player: "Uh, my best skill is "pick wildflower 8w3" so I use my stunning skill to pick enough wildflowers to bury him and confuse him." DM: "That's just dumb. He thwacks you."