Re: bidding; contests

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:16:53 -0800

Mike Dawson wondered

> If so, why would anyone ever bid more than 1? Bidding 20 only offers
> you the chance to lose 20, not to take 20 from your opponent.

You take 20 in a transfer, and you have plenty of opportunity to make your opponent lose 20.

It's worth saying again: only one person at a time bids APs.

Bruce Ferrie wrote

> One thing that makes me uncertain is that it seems most likely to
> me in combat
> that the loser will often only end up on Dazed or Hurt, thus starting another
> extended contest with little difference from the first one. It
> could go on for
> ages, unless I'm missing something obvious.

The obvious thing is that a new extended contest *won't* start.

[Listmeister: is there a way to make the digests come more often if they're big? Like the Glorantha Digest...]

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.