Re: HW FAQ, bidding questions

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:04:45 +0200

Steven White:

> And for us, playing a low power campain, 4-5 is fairly caution
> behaviour,
> 8-10 is going fairly wild, and anything higher is insane stuff. Now,
> if
> were we playing until we're all at 10w2 combat, then behaving cautiously
> is us bidding 15 and seeing if we can disembowel 3 trollkin a swipe

        So you agree with me that the risk entailed by a stated intent should be expressed as a percentage of the current AP, and not some absolute value bid?

        Say, 1/6 is caution, 1/4 is normal, 1/3 is risky, 1/2 is insane (after all even with a minor defeat you are driven to 0 AP)?

	Cheers,
	A relative Alex.