Re: Example of play

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:22:57 +0100

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:30:09 -0800, "M.Dawson" <mdawson_at_...> wrote:

>I wrote this up for my players after my first night of running HW. I
>did a few things wrong that night, and used these examples to explain
>how it should go.

I did a similar thing for myself, but got confused when I tried figuring disarming attacks (and getting the weapon back if it worked), two-weapon attacks (do you count Weapon Edge twice?), etc...

Slight problem, possibly just terminology...
>Again, the Broo makes a huge attack, charging at full force. He bids
>20--even though he only has 19. Gutsy, or nuts. He can bid up to his
>STARTING AP, even if he has fewer than he started with.
>
>20. He's got a 20 skill, but a 20 is a failure anyway. So he's in bad
>shape,
>but so are you. Your failure means you lose 1X your bid.(So does he.)
HIS bid, you mean?
>Yikes!
>that's 20 Action Points and would put you at 0. That's called a Marginal
>Defeat and would leave you without AP and "Dazed".
>
>Time for Bravery! Instead of submitting to the AP loss, defeat and
>falling
>to the ground woozy, you can choose to accept wounds. Each wound "soaks
>up" 7 AP, so 1 wound stops all the AP loss.
Not all of it, just 7 AP - you still lose 13, right? Also, as the WINNER has the choice of taking a Wound to reduce AP loss by 7 AP, whereas the LOSER always gets the Wound (but doesn't lose the AP), who is the winner & loser in a tie? Who gets the choice, if anyone? I'm not too sure a Wound is worse than 7AP loss anyway, funny rule...

Wulf