Re: Big

From: Merlin Cox <merlin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:14:40 -0800

Thanks for these. The Large numbers are lower than I expected: they seem to mean that a notably big starting PC (Hefty 13) is almost as large as a gorilla, and (if the sample resistances in the rulebook haven't changed) a clan strongman could lift an elephant. If 1-20 is the non-expert human scale, a troll or a man-and-a-half of SIZ 20 should be into the W1 range, I'd have thought.

It may be that Trotsky likes small numbers and Greg likes big numbers, but as far as published books go I hope there's consistency on what different levels of mastery mean (if only so people know how much to change it for their own tastes).

Merlin.