Re: Re: Collecting the PAQ - Short Answer

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 22:34:03 +1200

At 12:03 4/04/00 +0200, you wrote:
> > > Roderick: Will the Introduction to Glorantha clear up all of
> > > the ambiguous abilities? (If it does, that is a partial
> > > solution, though it requires the purchase of another book just
> > > to have the core rules.)

>RR> No.

> > I edited it before I started on HW, and it does not cover
> > game-system stuff.

> But if it contains stories which describe (albeit not explain from a
>mechanical POV) those ambiguous feats then for me it's enough.

When I wrote the book, I did not know of any ambiguous feats.

> Say, a story where [insert famous hero's name] performs the
> Sunset Leap or
>the Run over Mud, that the player can read to be inspired and use
>imaginatively his character's powers.

What is so ambiguous about Run over Mud? I can't even see the problem with the Sunset Leap for that matter given that everybody has come up some nifty interpretation of what the feat was and IMO Sunset Leap covers all of them.

>After all, what's important to know is IMVHO how the character perceives
>the magical effect, and this is not something which RQ3 explained very
>well... Indeed, it did not explain it all! I started to understand what
>spirit magic looked like after SiP, and how rituals worked after the excerpt
>form Harmast's Saga.

There will be information about how the understandings of various peoples about their magic.

--Peter Metcalfe