Re: Re: Collecting the PAQ - Short Answer

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:54:33 -0700

> > > Roderick: Will the Introduction to Glorantha clear up all of
> > the ambiguous
> > > abilities? (If it does, that is a partial solution, though it
> > requires the
> > > purchase of another book just to have the core rules.)

First, let me apologize for my snippy reply last night - I blame low blood suger...

> > No.
> >
> > I edited it before I started on HW, and it does not cover
> > game-system stuff.
> >
> > RR
>
> But if it contains stories which describe (albeit not explain from a
> mechanical POV) those ambiguous feats then for me it's enough.
>
> Say, a story where [insert famous hero's name] performs the Sunset Leap or
> the Run over Mud, that the player can read to be inspired and use
> imaginatively his character's powers.

There is the Gloranthan Visions book, which has the story "Morden Defends the Camp" :

"The prince, watching this, said, "This man is greater than I am today. He has been preparing for weeks, I see, probably since the Sacred Time. I will remember his name, and come back when we're equally prepared. It must have been that fop's fault, with his faulty weapons and his Eurmal-stained gifts. Godi, send your hawk back and tell my sister that she need not fear being forced to marry that man any more." And the godi nodded agreement, and they turned their horses and rode away, to be sure to be out of range of the Dusk-leaping Feat and the Setting Sun Throw and the Leaping Pursuit Feat too. As they galloped away one of the godi crouched low with his shield on his back fearing that Morden might know a Sunset Killing Shield Feat. He did, but didn't use it that evening."

In addition to Morden, there is a previously-published Griselda (The Hero Bit), a short story by Phyllis Ann Karr, a part of a novel by John Boyle, and several snippets of Gloranthan prehistory by Greg.

RR