Re: Digest Number 2

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:17:55 EDT

Charles Mialaret:

<< Well the sentinel is 10 meters, so OW decides to fire the knife he had in
 his hand. Any body has an idea of how we should manage it system wise?>>

    A quick contest of his reflexes (or similar ability) versus those of the guard. OW could probably use his Knife Throwing skill at an improv penalty if he doesn't have Quick Reflexes or the like; the guard could use Alertness.

<< Suppose the sentinel has succeeded to shoot the alarm and guards are now
arriving
 one by one. This is probably an extended contest, but how do we quantify the rising force of the guards system wise?>>

     I don't think you do, actually - they reach the scene as it becomes dramatically appropriate for them to do so. IIRC, the rules have nothing to say about this sort of thing, as a 'round' has no set length of time.

<< how do we account for the various actions that the guards could want to
start (melee, magic, ...).>>

    I'm not sure I follow this part of the question. The guards do whatever they want to do, using their abilities and, if necessary, the Group Contest rules.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky