RE: Re: Moon Magic Modifiers

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:11:19 -0400

> From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson [mailto:rjremr_at_...]
> > >So a typical Lunar worshipper's magic gets *worse*
> > >if she steps inside the Glowline on a Full Moon day?
> > >Seems pretty absurd to me...
> >
> > The moon's power is a bit wild and uncontrolled outside of the glowline.
> > Sometimes it's a benefit, sometimes it's a hindrance.
>
> It'a all the fault of the Lunar Bureaucracy. For some strange reason, not
> everyone can fully use the 1.5 power of the Red Moon, so to prevent
charges

Seriously, there are people in the Empire who have always claimed that the Glow-Line was really a mistake. This proves it. Before, everybody could do magic on afterburners, so to speak, but now only the Luniest (who know their cult secrets, not necessarily the craziest [just often]) can do that within the Empire.

Actually, outside I would cut the .5 to .4, and the 1.5 to 1.25 to simulate the effect better (hording the magic within the Glowline, rather than spreading
the Goddess's Bounty to all). Before the Glowline, or after Argrath wipes it out,
use the published multipliers. But that's just me.