Re: Animist Hero Creation

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 14:12:51 -0400

> It is not clear however what starting fetches/integrated spirits are given
> to a shaman. It states that the shaman starts with his fetch but it doesn't
> specify any other spirits/fetches. So shaman starts with only his fetch. Is
> this right?

I think all animists start with 5 fetishes. They can be intergrated on a 2-for-1 basis.

> I guess you could describe fetches/integrated spirits that the shaman has in
> his/her description/list, if you wanted the shaman to have more spirits are
> the start of the game. Is this right?

That's a good idea. Keywords to describe special spirits you know!

> Can a starting Animist non-shaman have more spirits than five by stating
> them in his/her description or list?

Doesn't seem like a bad idea -- it uses up keywords and wordage but hey, that's fine.

> Looking at the Grazer character creation in the Yu-Kargazant keyword is it
> correct that only shamans can use spirits from the Yu-kargazant tradition?
> Does this mean that for example warrior cannot have a fetch of Flaming
> Weapon for example?

Hmmm. A warrior can have the fetish but he can't get them himself. Probably be hard to replace as its not your tradition.

> Within the Kolat tradition in Heortling Keywords it doesn't describe special
> spirits or list example spirit types under the traditional spirits as the
> Grazer examples do. It would be nice if these were present.

Kolati are not run of the mill Heortlings whereas the Grazlanders are animists -- with much less of a deep/rich tradtion, I could make a case that they suffer from a dearth of 'new blood' to keep alive obscure spirit types. I would suspect there would be space considerations. Any special spirits would take up room that could be used to giving the Heortlings another deity.

Jeff Kyer