Re: Big

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:16:11 EDT

Wulf Corbett:

<<since we have no attributes, I'd like a good idea what sort of numbers to use as basic target numbers for rolls like these. >>

    Whatever the closest ability is, with an improv modifier if appropriate.

<>

     Abilities such as agile, acrobatic and so on cover this. If nothing fits at all use the minimum of 6 - but if the log isn't especially slippery, give 'em a bonus to the roll.

<< 'He might turn round, he might not, roll POW x5 for a Luck roll'. >>

     I can't think of a specific mechanism for that (unless the Narrator allows you 'Lucky' as an ability) so its really going to depend on the circumstances, and might require, say, a Stealth roll. If it really has nothing to do with any ability of either person and is 'just one of those things' HW would probably suggest that you have it happen, or not, depending on dramatic necessity. Or you could flip a coin...

MurfNMurf_at_... :

<< Hmmm, since HW doesn't seem to _have_ stats like Strength, Dex and the like, just how are you supposed to do anything?>>

     With abilities...

<< I'm especially wondering just _how_ the creatures in the forthcoming creature book are going to be listed?...Just what sort of stats will something like a Mule have, anyhow?

    Mule 12 or something? I don't get it...>>

    They have abilities, just like anything else.

Wulf:
<<Come on Trotsky, give us a couple of simple examples? How about a common horse, a Broo, and a Minotaur (OK, OK, so I'm Minotaur obsessed...). No secret stuff, just some basic Abilities.>>

    Hmm, I suppose a horse isn't breaking any confidences :-) This is a Ralian pony:

Kick 15^1, Thick Skin ^1, Hardy 12, Hear Noise 12, Jump 18, Large 2W, Run Fast 2W, Run Long Distance 14, Strong 18

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky