Humakti v's Undead

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:03:11 +0100

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that was confused by this example. I still don't like it.

>From a rules point of view the character should never start combat
against undead using this ability.

It doesn't seem worthwhile to take abilities that are sub-sets of abilities you already have. If you do than you will just always start a contest using your highest ability and switch abilities if you are forced to by a strong penalty.

example: Faber has a debate ability of 5W and a "debunk lunar propoganda" ability of 17. When the lunar missionaries come to his clan talking about the great things the empire will bring, Faber is going to contest them using his debate ability. "Debunk lunar propoganda" is effectly pointless which is a shame as it is more colourfull and interesting an ability than debate.

It is possible that I have the wrong end of the stick on this totally.

James Turner
j.a.turner_at_...