RE: Strange Orlanth feat

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 10:34:21 -0500

> markmohrfield wrote:
> >
> > I notice that Orlanth Thunderous's feats includes Enchant Tin, under
> > the Fight Elements affinity,yet. Is this a mistake or is there some
> > mythic reason that Orlanth should have this ability?
> >
> > Mark Mohrfield
>
> Tin's a traditional (if somewhat useless) Air metal though silver is
> considered the more popular . And its more useful to enchant tin for
> things like "Armbands of Blasting" and rude things like that.

On Earth during the Bronze Age, tin was extremely valuable because you had to have tin to make bronze; Phoenician ships would sail as far as Britain to obtain it. On Glorantha, of course, you can find bronze without having to combine tin and copper, but you can still do it the terrestrial way there too. Bronze is the bones of the Air gods who died in the Gods War; maybe they were tin before they died.

Guy