Rebel Songs

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 19:23:43 +1000

SARTARITE FOLK SONGS Heys folks

> > "Only the Rivers Run Free" and "Raise the Tribes for Starbrow" (John
> Hughes?)
> > would be good Sartarite ones.
>
> I can't speak for the first as I don't know the tune (or anyone else who
> does).

You find mp3s of both 'Only Our Rivers' (Cold Wind Over Sartar) and 'Follow Me Up to Carlow' (Raise the Tribes for Starbrow) at mp3.com. There are no less than 7 versions there of Carlow - I recommend the Shenanigans version!

'Cold Wind' is a late-night campfire in-yerr-cups sort of song, maudlin and able to drive most Orlanthi men to sobs. 'Starbrow' is strong and firece, a battle anthem, and we usually do it as a chant that becomes a shout.

Regards

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes
johnp.hughes_at_...