RE: RE: Illumination

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:58:47 +0100

>>Ilumination is a form of Mysticism
>Have no problem with this at all.

My fave one-line description of Illumination is "A mystical insight into theism". It isn't mysticism per se, but it is a mystical technique that allows the illuminant to see theism from a different perspective. Maybe the classic "abilities" (nondetection of chaos, immunity to spirits of reprisal, etc.) are mystical abilities, or could be represented in game terms thereas, but I don't think that just being an additional set of "mysticism" powers is the main point.

>Illuminates have a harder time in the Otherworld (All mystics have
>a harder time on the Otherside).

See above - I don't see illuminants as real mystics. Anyway, wasn't Arkat, the greatest heroquester ever, illuminated?

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.