FIDO

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:24:49 -0500

Here's a short writeup of my current RQ character. I'm attempting to turn it into a 100-word description for creating an HW character, but I'd appreciate any commentary on it.

Guy

FIDO TWO-BIG-CLUBS

Fido was once a simple herd man belonging to a Morokanth khan. He was
trained to fight for sport, and uses two maces as his weapons. Known for his
dodging technique, Fido became well-known among the Morokanth. When his
master died, he decreed that Fido's intelligence be awakened, much to the anger of his sons, who became wealthy by betting on Fido. Fido fled the tribe, leaving behind his mate, a female named Spot, whom he misses terribly.

Fido has travelled extensively with his comrades, who are expatriates from the Yggs' Isles, and has been adopted into their tribe. He is a member of their ancestor worship cult. He has been to Pavis, Trond (in the Yggs' Isles), Fronela, Refuge, Kralorela, and the East Isles. He loves durrians, and has come up with many innovative ways of utilizing the fruit. He is a poor sailor at best, but has picked up a smattering of many languages during his travels.

Fido is inquisitive and curious about human customs, but very naive about them. He once ate the heart of a bearwalker during a magic ritual, and can call up his strength by sacrificing a point of POW (I don't know how to describe this in HW terms).