Re: First Hero Wars Session; final action

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:49:26 -0700

Andrew wrote

> The first inexperienced player chose a hunter and then zeroed in on Yinkin.
> The other chose a Spirit-Talker of Kolat, of course.

Ouch! Shamans are *never* easy to run. I fear this may have been a tactical error on your part...

> 2. Is it appropriate for characters to list feats from other keywords in
> their list of ten things? I tend to say no, but what about the Bevara
> devotee who wants to magically cure disease a la Chalana Arroy? Any
> suggestions?

I don't see why not -- my character learned entire affinities in her 100 words. (This isn't power gaming, since said affinities aren't that useful until you raise the ability number.) I've posted her recently, or search for Nallindia on my web site.

> 3. What is the Hero Wars canonical availability of iron items? The Humakti
> player listed iron weapons and armor and I let him, but I was unsure of how
> "kosher" this was.

I let players list just about anything. They're unusual heroes, after all. I might want him to describe the source. Heck, Nallindia has a magic boat, so what's the big deal about iron?

> 4. If a player lists Initiate of (Second God) in the list of ten things,
> does this mean that he gains those affinities as well? The example is a
> Devotee of Humakt who also wants to be an Initiate of Orlanth Adventurous.

Yes, but aren't there guidelines for making both lower?

Alex wrote

> Yes, but what about a non-hero, who can't bid more AP than he currently
> has?
>
> He cannot perform a final action, even if he checks the other requirements
> (be free from foe's attention, succeed in an ability roll...)?

Right. Much easier if minor NPCs stay down.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein