Re: Broad abilities (combat)

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:01:00 -0000

> Doubly penalised under the HW1 rules: augments aren't much bang for
> the buck (stand-alone augments especially), and "narrow augments"

So what - you said she was not unusually good wityh the spear. This "problem" applies only when AUGMENTING CC. In all other ways she gets her high barehanded combat plus a regular weapon combat. Problem, what problem.

> are even worse -- I could have easily chosen an augmenting ability
> that would work on all (or at least, "all") close combat...

Well, yes, but you specified the barehanded combat. If you chose another ability, you r initial problem goes away.

> Again, I have to say that this is a "simulationist" argument; that

Yes

> it incidentally happens to be wrong; and that it doesn't have a

It is not

> direct bearing on "broad vs narrow" skills, as it seems to bear
> entirely upon what size "imp-mods" should be, rather than the size

which is the same question