Re: Guidelines for choosing Abilities.

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:37:53 -0000

> Which raises an interesting point. To the untrained onlooker, i.e.
> basic initiates etc., characters using extremely high level
> abilities would probably appear magical. At some point a Humakti's
> sword skill would be so high that it would propably be attributed
> to magic not skill, kind of a credability factor. This could lead
> to interesting reputations - everyone things his bow is magical
> but he is just the worlds greatest archer type thing.

My feeling is that any skill of 1w3+ _is_ magical in Glorantha. Greg sometimes goes further and intimates, for example, that any use of a farming skill by a Heortling is a magical invocation of Barntar, which indicates that there is no such thing as a mundane skill in Glorantha but some are so common/necessary/integrated into daily live/whatever that the skill appears to be mundane.

In a HW rules context, I would treat any skill of 1w3+ as magical, including allowing multiple augments.

regards,
Charles