Re: extra descriptions

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 18:38:11 EDT

In a message dated 27/06/01 05:53:36, you write:

<< Has anyone any sort of house rule in which they, I dunno, say tweak  the ability rating for abilities someone is sufficiently concerned  with to write a mini-paragraph on them? (I know, that's what your  "mastery picks" are for, I'm justing thinking aloud here -- humour  me a little. <g>)

My own preference is to give them rather 'vague' abilities based on the extra description that can be used and defined later. Thus, I have a player with a character with 'clean-shaven 13' , ' golden haired 13' , 'handsome 13' and probably 'Debonair 13' . I would allow him to augment something with all of these abilities at once if it were sensible (ignoring the rule about only magic to augment multiple times) . I might also be very lenient on 'imaginative' uses of the ability in certain, one off, circumstances.(frex, he uses his golden hair in some special way, erm, sacrifices it to Elmal in a hair-burning ritual say, thereafter his golden hair is obviously a holy blessing of some sort suitable for enhancing Elmali ritual magic)

Not an idea that has been either abused or playtested to death but it has been used.

Keith N