Re: Re: No more boredom! 3254

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:06:01 +0100 (BST)

John Hughes:
> Since they're spamming my inbox as well, I'd be happy to.
>
> Please forward instructions!

AFAIK, my addy hasn't been "mined" by these people -- not that I'm not getting spam, mind you, it just doesn't look like the shame wasters.

What you need to do is scrutinise the full headers to see if the email really is from "awesome.com", etc (normally this is unlikely in yer average piece of spam, but yahoogroups is supposed to do up-front filtering of obvious fake addys, isn't it?)

I'd personally say that moderated sign-up is the only real "fix" to this; we seem to have a spammer willing to go to the effort of signing up to the list (repeatedly), simply to send one piece of spam.