Re: archery and ammo

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 02:57:57 -0000

Bruce wrote:

> The suggestions you've made seem to make sense on a quick skim
> through, but adding that sort of detail isn't really my cup of tea.

My problem with this kind of suggestion is that by adopting a rigid system like this, you only fence yourself in. By defining *exactly* what AP loss means in one context (ammo use), you make it harder to use the game mechanics with the freedom the designer intended.

It's a slippery simulationist slope that ends up somewhere like this: