Re: Re: archery and ammo

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:41:20 +0100

gamartin_at_... wrote:
> [no] matter how abstract you want archery to be, you would probably find a
> player with a single quiver firing a thousand arrows ridiculous.
> Thats the problem with ammo, a problem which does not arise in H2H
> combat. The nature of ranged combat - distance, ammo - tends to pull
> us in the mechanically determined direction.

Yes, but what makes you think the have shot a thousand arrows? 'Attacking' using Ranged Combat does not always mean firing an arrow. It might mean taking aim, forcing your opponent to waste time and energy dodging.

BTW, a typical extended contest lasts about half a dozen rounds, so even if you consider 1 attack = 1 shot (which I do not), ammunition supply is unlikely to be a problem.